PersonaliseDog.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
PersonaliseDog.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from the 25th of May 2018
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and contact information including email address and telephone.
- Delivery and billing address.
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to fulfill your order, send order confirmation emails, print a shipping label, and to contact you in case we have a query about your order.
- If you opt to receive our newsletter we will occasionally send you a promotional email.
- Internal record keeping, sending statements and invoices.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Types of Cookies
- Strictly necessary cookies - These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets cannot be provided.
- Perrformance cookies - These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies - These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. Remarketing cookies or advertising cookies - These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests, and are displayed on Google and its third partires. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator's permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Should you require further information, there are several useful sources, the details of which we have provided below:
How to opt out of Google's coiokies: http://bit.ly/1GHIIwu
A video explaing how cookies are used: www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookie
More detailed information on cookies: www.allaboutcookies.org
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy: www.youronlinechoices.eu
Information on the ICC (UK) UK cookie guide: www.international-chamber.co.uk/our-expertise/digitaleconomy
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
Cookie Name: _dog_store_session Duration: Session Provider: Personalisedog Category: 1,2,3
Purpose: This is an overall session cookie that is used to preserve user data throughout their browsing 'session', used to link a user to things such as the contents of their shopping basket
What information it holds: Unique identifier that references server-side data related to the browsing session of the user
User Benefits: Allows for persistence of user data throughout browsing session. This enables the management of elements such as the contents of a shopping basket and whether a user is logged in or not
Cookie Name: guest_token Duration: Indefinite Provider: Personalisedog Category: 1,2,3
Purpose: This is an overall cookie that is used to preserve user shopping basket
What information it holds: Unique identifier that references server-side data related to the shopping basket of the user
User Benefits: Allows for persistence of user shopping basket
Cookie Name: _ga Duration: 14 months Provider: Google Category: 2
Purpose: This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to your site from that web browser. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits your site, a new _ga cookie is written with a different unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to your site and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure. What information it holds: Unique id identifying site and a number of timestamps related to current and previous visits to the site
User Benefits: No benefit to user but required by and set by Google Analytics
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is the Managing Director.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.